Iceland is the kind of place that compels you with a constant urge to want to pull your car over and take a photo every 60 seconds, no joke. There is some massive waterfall, crazy cliff line, steaming geothermal area, squishy moss covered lava field, beautifully lit mountain, wild rock formation, volcano or glacier every 15 minutes. And there is a green that lives here that exists nowhere else in the world or in any crayon box. There is a sense of serious magic throughout the entire land. You can feel the enchantment, geothermal power, the power of the land and be in continual awe of how varied this dynamic landscape is.
It’s totally intoxicating and truly addicting! I’ve been obsessed with Iceland since 2011 and now luckily call it home! So I’m a tiny bit partial to this epic countryside as far as wedding and honeymoon locations! But once being an outsider I can lend the best perspective to you… Nowhere else can you see an endless list of natural wonders all in the same day like… Glacier Lagoons, Fairy-tale Waterfalls, Moss Covered Lava Fields, Basalt rocks protruding from the Sea, Grass Covered Houses, Romantic Seaside Churches, Glaciers, Volcanoes, Super Secret Caves, Majestic Fjords, etc!
Today, I am super excited to share with you some activities to add to your Wanderlust Honeymoon Registry!
Iceland Sample Honeymoon Registry (7 days):
* Reykjavik City Walk Tour
* View the city from its highest point- Hallgrimskirkja Church
* Lunch at the best hot dog stand in the world at Baejarins Beztu Pylsur
* Dinner Date Night in Reykjavik (best Iceland honeymoon restaurants can be found HERE)
* Hot Spring Day Adventure (best Iceland honeymoon hot springs found HERE)
* Spa Morning at Reykjavik Spa (Hello couples massage!)
* Golden Circle Self Drive Tour (Discovering: Thingvellir National Park, Geysir, Gullfoss Waterfall, and Fludir’s Secret Lagoon)
* Ice Climbing / Glacier Hiking Adventure on one of Iceland’s 13 Glaciers!
* Adventure to blue ice caves during your Iceland honeymoon, I dare you!
* South Coast Adventure (Seeing: Keldur Sod Farm, Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skogafoss Waterfall, Skogar Folk Museum, Dyrholaey Sea Cliffs and Lighthouse, and Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach)
* Highland Super Jeep Adventure Day (discovering the untouched, non-touristy side of Iceland)
* Whale Watching Tour
* Snorkeling and Caving Adventure (Snorkel through the famed North American and Eurasian tectonic plates and go into Iceland’s longest lava tube!)
* Explore the Snaefellsnes Peninsula!
* Explore Northern Iceland on your honeymoon!
* Spend time discovering East Iceland on your honeymoon!
* Honeymooning in the Westfjords of Iceland
* Pick an Adventure for us! Will you Choose…. Horse Back Riding? ATV? Iceland Food Tour or an Icelandic Cooking Class?
Where will your Iceland Honeymoon take you?
© 2016, Wanderlust Honeymoons / Photos by Miss Ann, All Rights Reserved.